HALO 80 PLUS Limited Aperture Blast Resistant Litter Bin - 80 Litre
Product Code: PN01689
Evolved from the success of the standard HALO 80, the HALO 80 PLUS Limited Aperture Blast Protected Litter Bin offers enhanced and economical protection against potential terrorist attacks in high traffic public areas. Ideal for the likes of airports, arenas and railway stations, this bin doesn’t require permanent fixing to the ground, therefore saving on expensive installation costs and rendering the bin easily transportable should the location of the threat change.
The Limited Aperture version of our standard Halo 80 model includes oval-shaped apertures and a lid to increase the weather-resistant properties of this bin when being used outdoors.
This robust bin remains in place following an explosion without the need for a ground anchor. It incorporates unique and innovative SABREMAT composite technology which enables the bin to absorb and mitigate the lethal effects of explosions and fragments.
- 3 Star Home Office test 23/13 2013 rating
- Oval apertures
- Fitted lid to increase rain run-off
- Enhanced blast protection against explosives and fragmentation
- No installation required
- Ideal for busy public locations - airports, railway stations etc
- Easily transportable should the location of the threat change
- Incorporates SABREMAT technology
- Enables superior all-round horizontal blast fragmentation protection
- Reduces blast overpressure (the sudden onset of a pressure wave after an explosion)
- Withstands charges of more than double the capability of the standard HALO 80
- Easy to use for efficient everyday emptying
- Slick & durable design
- Very low maintenance costs
- 80 litre litter capacity using standard refuse sacks
- Easily cleaned
- Available in a choice of grey or stainless steel finishes
A standard litter bin will fragment under blast loading spreading the lethal blast effects further, whereas the shell of the HALO 80 PLUS remains intact providing all-round horizontal protection, with the lid disintegrating into harmless particles.
This functional product is designed to work even when the explosive device detonates near the side or bottom of the unit, unlike many alternative solutions. It is easy to clean and empty, and features a large 80 litre capacity when used alongside standard refuse sacks.
All our Blast Resistant and Blast Protected litter bins are made to order and can be entirely customised to your specification with coloured sleeves and finishes, additional apertures, lids and accessories. Please contact us with your requirements for a quote.